Owner and Data Controller
The website datagolf.ca ("Website") is an official website of DataGolf OÜ, a company duly established and existing under the laws of the Republic of Estonia, registry code 1790390, address L. Koidula tn 14A-10, Tallinn 10125, Estonia.
Types of Data Collected
DataGolf tracks data obtained by the use of the website or during when the user becomes a member: Members and user correspondence with DataGolf and it’s affiliates, inquiries submitted via the website, email, social media or chat; as well as member activity logs. Further information can be found in the sections labelled "Cookies & tracking technologies" and "Google Analytics and Affiliates" below.
Data collected when a user signs up for membership includes: username and email address.
Purposes For Collecting and Processing Customer's Personal Data
Personal Data collected by DataGolf is processed for the purposes established in the law or as described herein, including but limited for the following purposes:
- to provide users with member-only and subscription access;
- to manage, analyse and improve our Service offering;
- to personalize our Service and the content provided to the user;
- to contact the member for administrative purposes such as customer service, address technical or legal issues related to the Service provided, or share updates and notifications about the Service;
- to send relevant promotional information to the member about DataGolf services and the related offerings by third parties we work with. We will only send such information if the member has granted an explicit consent to use his/her personal data for this purpose.
Transfer of Personal Data
DataGolf may at times transfer members Personal Data to third parties, such as legal and regulatory authorities (including commercial register), accountants, auditors, lawyers and other outside professional advisors; and to companies that provide services to DataGolf (such as banks, IT systems suppliers and support; cloud service provider or other outsourcing providers). DataGolf has taken steps to ensure that these data recipients protect the confidentiality and security of Personal Data, and to ensure that Personal Data is processed only for the provision of services and in full compliance with applicable law.
Sometimes such third parties may be located in countries outside of the European Economic Area, EEA, whose privacy regulations may differ and which are not subject to adequacy decisions of the European Commission. In those countries the security of the Personal Data (inc. protection against misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or destruction) may not be ensured to the same level as in the European Union, due to a lack of adequate data protection.
For example, DataGolf may transfer member Personal Data to the US, in which case DataGolf shall ensure that the recipient of the Personal Data is certified in accordance to the EU-US Privacy Shield entered by and between the US Department of Commerce and the European Commission. Please visit privacyshield.gov for more information.
When transferring collected Personal Data outside of the EEA, DataGolf shall ensure the application of the appropriate safeguards. If a member wishes to receive a copy, please contact us as instructed below.
DataGolf takes appropriate legal, organisational, and technical measures to protect Personal Data consistent with applicable privacy and data security laws. Security measures are applied in order to protect Personal Data from involuntary or unauthorized processing, disclosure or destruction. Recipients have been made aware that Personal Data may only be used in accordance with the purposes described in this privacy notice.
Further, Member Personal Data is only accessible to authorized persons, who are bound by confidentiality obligations.
Retention of Personal Data and Data Integrity
DataGolf will retain Personal Data for the period required or permitted by applicable law, but no longer than it is reasonably necessary in order to achieve the purposes for which the Personal Data was originally collected. DataGolf takes reasonable steps to ensure that the Personal Data we process is reliable for its intended use, accurate, and complete as necessary to carry out the purposes described herein.
Member Rights Regarding the Collection of Personal Data
Members have the right to:
- request access and/or corrections to Personal Data collected about them;
- have the Personal Data erased, removed and/or transferred from our active files in line with provisions of applicable regulations;
- request restriction of processing of their Personal Data or to object to such processing;
- receive the Personal Data concerning them in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format where technically feasible;
- raise concerns about the handling of their Personal Data to us;
- withdraw consent for the processing of personal data, where the Personal Data is being processed on the basis of the consent, without affecting the lawfulness of the processing before the withdrawal;
In order to exercise any rights referred herein the member is required to submit a written application to DataGolf. DataGolf has the right to decline this application by justifying the reasons for the refusal.
If a member considers that their rights have been infringed, the member is entitled to lodge a complaint with the Estonian Data Protection Inspectorate.
The collection of certain Personal Data referred herein may be required under the law and/or inevitably necessary for the provision of service to the members (such as email addresses for membership verification). Failure to provide data may result in adverse consequences, such as, our inability to comply with our obligations under law. Any member is welcome to ask for clarifications regarding the obligation to submit any specific Personal Data and also about possible consequences arising from the failure to provide the Personal Data.
Cookies and Tracking Technologies
DataGolf uses automatically collected information and other information collected within the Website through cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:
- store authentication information and protect Personal Data from third parties;
- personalize our Service, help remember user choices within the website, understand and save user preferences for future visits;
- provide customized advertisements, content and information;
- track member entries, submissions, and status in any promotional or other activities;
- monitor and analyse the effectiveness of the Website;
- compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interactions in order to offer better site experiences and tools in the future;
What are cookies? Cookies are small text files that a website or its service provider transfers to the user’s computer hard drive through their website browser (if allowed by a user) that enables the website's or service provider's systems to recognize a user’s browser and capture and remember certain information.
Within the website first-party and third-party cookies are in use.
DataGolf may use third-party analytics tools (such as Google Analytics), to help us measure traffic and usage trends for the DataGolf website. Web analytic service providers analyse the usage of the DataGolf website and services so that DataGolf can improve and amend the Website’s experience and functionality.
The user can delete or block cookies through his/her browser settings at any time. However, some cookies might be necessary for the functionality of the DataGolf services and usage of the Website. Therefore, the user understands that when blocking or deleting the cookies some features within the website might not function correctly. For more general information about cookies please see allaboutcookies.org.
DataGolf have implemented the following Google Analytics features:
- Demographics and Interests Reporting
We along with third-party vendors, such as Google, use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookies) and third-party cookies or other third-party identifiers together to compile data regarding user interactions with the Website, and other ad service functions as they relate to our Website.
Users can set preferences for how Google advertises to them using the Google Ad Settings page. Alternatively, users can opt out by visiting the Network Advertising initiative opt out page or permanently using the Google Analytics Opt Out Browser add on.
We use Google Analytics to measure and evaluate access to and traffic on the public area of our website and create user navigation reports for our website administrators.
We take measures to protect the technical information collected by our use of Google Analytics. The data collected will only be used on a need to know basis to resolve technical issues, administer the website and identify visitor preferences.
If a member receives commercial emails from us, he may unsubscribe at any time by following the instructions contained within the email or by sending an email to email@example.com. It may take up to 5 business days for the request to be processed. Administrative messages may still be sent.